The Bermudian’s 2015 short story and poetry contest, “The Sea” is open to all residents of Bermuda and to Bermudians living overseas 18 years or older. Submissions of original, unpublished, short fiction should be up to 2500 words in length and up to 30 lines in length for poetry.
Deadline for submissions is March 14, 2015 and there is a $10.00 entry fee.
The winner of each category will receive a prize of $500 and his/her work will be published in the summer issue of The Bermudian magazine. You may submit entries to both the poetry contest and the writing contest, at the same time.
• Multiple submissions are welcome but each submission should be accompanied by a separate entry form and $10.00 fee.
• Stand-alone excerpts from longer works of fiction will be considered.
• Judges will give a blind reading—submitted manuscripts should therefore be free
of the writer’s name and other identifying information but should clearly state the title of the work. The entry form should also clearly state your title.
• Please enclose both the manuscript and your entry form in an envelope marked The Bermudian Publishing Company.
• Entries are accepted by hand delivery or by mail. We regret that we cannot accept entries made via email. Please see entry form for addresses.
• All $10.00 entry payments should either be credit card or cheque drawn on a Bermuda
bank. Your credit card information can be provided on the entry form.
• Entries must be typed in black ink and must be in 12-point Times New Roman (or similar) font.
• All submissions must be submitted or post marked by 11:59pm on March 14, 2015.
For complete information and to download the entry form: The Bermudian Short Story and Poetry Contest 2015