This December, join in on the magic of the BNT’s Christmas Walkabout as you tour historic homes and properties decked out for the festive season, shop for locally made gifts at the BUEI Harbourside Market and marvel at the entrants of this years Christmas Boat Parade in Hamilton Harbour – which is made even brighter with the highly anticipated return of fireworks! This is our monthly roundup of local happenings to pencil in your diary right now!
- Sleeping Beauty
- Earl Cameron Theatre, City Hall | December 1st-10th
BMDS is back after a two-year hiatus with a creative adaptation of the traditional pantomime, Sleeping Beauty. Set in Bermuda with beautifully created backdrops of Castle Island, this production has plenty of local humour to amuse the adults whilst all the usual madcap mayhem associated with pantomimes for the kids. To purchase tickets, click here.
- Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout
- St. George’s | 5pm – 9pm | December 2nd
Enjoy the magic of the Bermuda National Trust Christmas Walkabout in the World Heritage Site of St. George’s. For over 40 years, this highly anticipated event has signaled the start of the festive season in Bermuda. For more information, click here.
- The Westerlies
- Various Locations | 8 pm | December 1st-3rd
The Westerlies are “an arty quartet…mixing ideas from jazz, new classical, and Appalachian folk” according to The New York Times. Equally at home in concert halls and living rooms, The Westerlies navigate a wide array of venues and projects with the precision of a string quartet, the audacity of a rock band, and the charm of a family sing-along. Hear them perform in one of the gorgeous and acoustically superb venues chosen for their visit. To purchase tickets, click here.
- BUEI Harbourside Market
- BUEI | 10 am – 4 pm | December 3rd
Shop at Bermuda’s biggest market featuring local vendors on all 3 floors of the BUEI! You’re guaranteed to find something unique from the wide array of local vendors on site. Click here for a full list of vendors.
- St. George’s Shop & Stroll
- St. George’s | 12 pm – 4 pm| Every Sunday until Christmas
Every Sunday during the lead up to Christmas, head down to the old town for an afternoon of shopping, exploring and dining. ‘Tis the season to support small local businesses!
- Marketplace Christmas Parade
- 5 pm | December 4th
Get into the holiday spirit with the MarketPlace’s annual Christmas Parade! Similar to last year, spectators can watch as the festively decorated motorcade processes across the island on Sunday, December 4th at 5pm.
- ‘Taking Shape’ Opening
- Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art | December 1st
This month, Masterworks Museum welcomes Liana Nanang, Zoë Dyson, Stratton Hatfield, and Scott King for ‘Taking Shape’, a group sculptural showcase. The exhibition will be open Thursday December 1, through to January 10, 2023.
- Christmas Boat Parade
- Hamilton Harbour | 6 pm | December 10th
- Watch as over 30 boats will line up along Hamilton Harbour to showcase the best Christmas-themed creations. The Viewing Village and Kids Zone will be located at Number 1 Car Park, where you can visit food vendors, vote for your favourite boat, and will have the best view of the grand finale: fireworks! Bring your chairs and holiday cheer for a festive night in the City!
- City Art Fest
- Bermuda National Gallery | December 11th
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Bermuda National Gallery and the 70th anniversary of the Bermuda Society of Arts! Join them to celebrate this combined 100 years of art on Sunday, December 11, at the City Art Fest! Come for an afternoon of gallery tours, workshops and live performances spanning art, poetry and music. Free activities for the whole family and free admission. Curated selections of arts and craft vendors and local artisan food and drink stands promise to satisfy your tastebuds.
- One Stop Shop Christmas Market
- Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art | 5:30 – 9 pm | December 14th
Stop by the Masterworks Museum on December 14th from 5:30 – 9 pm for their annual One Stop Shop Christmas Market. Get geared up for Christmas with gift items from over fifteen local artisans specializing in everything from self-care products to ceramics.
Bermuda is Love
This month, Bermuda is Love has scheduled a variety of community events, including a blood drive, a free clothing giveaway, a free legal advice clinic and a trash cleanup. In the spirit of giving back, consider volunteering your time to one (or more) of these events. No sign-up requirements; simply show up to volunteer!