Are you the owner of a local business and would like to be included in this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in-touch!
We’re all trying our best to practice social distancing since the outbreak of COVID-19, and while that’s great for helping to limit the contagion, it’s not so great for local businesses, especially retailers and restaurants.
With that said, many of our local business owners are trying their best to evolve with the current situation and are now offering delivery, curb-side pick up, and virtual services which help protect them, their employees and customers from unnecessary contact but still allow them to deliver their products and services to the wider community.
Here is a running list of local businesses you can help support while also practicing social distancing:
1. Cassine – Shop clean and green makeup and skin care items online at www.cassine.shop, and enjoy free delivery island-wide. Sign-up for their newsletters and receive 15% off your order.
2. DropIt Delivery – Order your groceries online, and the hardworking team at DropIt will shop for you and deliver everything to your door. www.dropit.bm
3. Long Story Short – Featuring a selection of gifts and books that highlight female authors, artisans and entrepreneurs, especially women of color, Long Story Short is located in St. George’s but you can shop online and owner Kristin White will deliver your purchases right to your door. Visit www.longstoryshort.life to order.
4. Gosling’s: Bermuda’s largest exporter is offering free delivery on all of their rums, imported liquors, wines and specialty waters. Email email@example.com or call 298-7333 to place your order.
5. B4 the Party – Sure, we’re all practicing social distancing right now but if you know someone celebrating a birthday or special occasion, it’s easy to make their day by delivering balloons to their doorstep. Place your order with B4 the Party over the phone and collect curb-side at their King Street, Hamilton location. Call 247-2789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. MarketPlace – Place your grocery order online and collect from either Hamilton, Heron Bay or Shelly Bay stores. Note that there is a $4.95 charge for pick-up but the 5% discount on Wednesdays is applicable. Place your order at www.marketplace.bm.
7. Two Rock Wines – Shop wines, ales, hard liquors and more online at www.tworockwines.com and your order will be delivered to you no matter where you live on the island.
8. Sargasso Sea App – Order from a wide-variety of local eateries and your order will be delivered directly to your door. The app is available for both Android and iOS. Visit www.sargassosea.app for more information.
9. Beyond Fitness – You don’t have to visit the gym to enjoy a great workout. Beyond Fitness is now offering both outdoor and virtual classes. Visit www.beyondfitbda.com to sign up.
10. Shamana Circle – Bermuda’s newest yoga studio is offering live and pre-recorded classes on their members portal. Visit www.shamanacirclestudio.com for more information and to sign-up.
11. Wahoo’s Bistro & Patio – Fans of Wahoo’s rejoice: The award-winning St. George’s eatery will be offering a special “To Go Menu” for the convenience of their customers from this coming Friday onward. Choose from an array of delicious menu items including a 1/2 gallon of Chef Alfred’s fish chowder for only $25. Call 297-1307 for more information and to place an order.
12. Modblu – Shop online at www.modblubermuda.com and store owner Kristen Carreiro will deliver to your door for a small fee. Deliveries are free within Hamilton and for orders over $100.
13. Rowe Spurling Paint Company – The family owned paint company is hitting the road! Shop online and your order will be delivered to you free of charge. Visit www.rowespurlingpaint.com/shop to place your order.
14. Rebecca Little – Local jewellery designer Rebecca Little is offering virtual design consults to her customers. Email her at email@example.com or call 704-0766 to get in-touch.
15. Five Star Delivery – Order online and have your groceries, restaurant take-out and dry cleaning delivered to you at work or at home. Visit www.fivestarhomedeliveryrds.com to place your order.
16. Salt + Cedar – Choose from an array of clean beauty products, including makeup, deodorants, skin care items, and more and collect curb-side or have your items delivered (for orders $49 or more). Visit www.saltandcedar.bm to shop!
17. International Imports (Chef Shop) – Need a kitchen tool or appliance? Order and pay over the phone and you can either collect curb-side or they will deliver. Call 292-1661 for more information or to order.
18. Miles Market – Miles is inviting senior customers to shop on Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (1 hour before the store opens to the general public). This special hour of shopping will begin this coming Sunday, March 22nd.
19. Sportseller – Sportseller has now closed their Hamilton location but they are taking orders via email and will deliver. Email Sharon Fenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Lir Bermuda – Shop sun shirts made from recycled ocean waste and other sailing gear at www.lirbermuda.com and have your items delivered to you.
21. Soltrino – Shop wetsuits, hats, towels and other beach gear online at www.soltrino.com and enjoy delivery island-wide.
22. Generosa’s Cuisine – Open for business as usual, ordering take-out from Generosa’s is a great option for those living in the west end. They are working on a delivery system but until then, customers can call their orders in and pick-up. Call 238-8580 or order.
23. Coral Coast Clothing – Sam and Adam from Coral Coast have been working hard to update their website so that what you see online mimics exactly what they have in-store. Shop online and have your items delivered to you, free of charge. Visit www.coralcoastclothing.com to shop. And bonus, if you sign-up for their newsletters, you receive 15% off your order.
24. Take Five Ltd. – All Take Five Ltd. restaurants, including Village Pantry, Devil’s Isle and Buzz are taking online orders and orders over the phone. Customers can pick-up curb-side at Village Pantry, Devil’s Isle and Buzz Bakery Lane. Order online via the below websites:
25. Lindo’s – Order your groceries at www.order.lindos.bm and they’ll deliver your order to your door. Note that there is a $25 delivery fee and they do not deliver on Sundays or public holidays. Also note that once you have ordered online, you must call Lindo’s to pay for your order over the phone.
26. La Trattoria – You can now pick up your favorite pizza or pasta curb-side! Call 295-1877 to order.
27. Flatts Menswear – If you need any clothing items during this time, you can phone into Flatts Menswear, order and pay over the phone and collect in the parking lot adjacent to the store. Call 292-0360 or email email@example.com.
28. Nonna’s Kitchen is now offering a delivery service island-wide. Check out their Facebook page to see their daily menus. Order and pay over the phone and they will deliver to you, for minimum orders of $20. Call 295-7687 to order.
29. Strykz Bowling Lounge – Although the bowling alley is closed, the restaurant is open for takeout and Strykz will be implementing a delivery service within the next week. Call 297-2727 to order food.
30. Klassiq Kidz Boutique – Shop kids clothes from the comfort of your own home! Visit www.shopklassiqkidz.com to shop and your order will be delivered to your door free of charge!
31. Animal Garden House – If you’re in need of animal or garden supplies, shop Animal Garden House’s inventory online at www.animalgardenbda.com and enjoy same day delivery.
32. OBM – Are you wanting to use time at home to update your living space? Call the architects and designers at OBM and they can assist you with creating a home office space, or conducting home improvements. You won’t ever need to leave the house. Call 278-3561 for more information.
33. Dubcity Variety – Order what you need from Dubcity Variety in Hamilton Parish and collect curbside! The store is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 1:00am and Sundays from 8:00am to Midnight. Call 293-1860 to place your order.
34. Ase Naturals – Don’t forget to take care of your skin while spending time at home. Shop Bermuda’s own skincare and wellness brand, Ase Naturals online at www.asenaturals.bm and enjoy island-wide delivery. Bonus! If you sign-up for their newsletters, you will receive 10% off your order.
35. Rosas & Chopsticks – Although both restaurants are closed to diners, they are open for take-out and curbside pick-up! Both restaurants are open from Noon to 9:00pm daily. Call 295-1912 or 292-0791 to order.
36. The Learning World – Have you got kids at home? Check out The Learning World, a brick and mortar educational supply store. Order online at www.tlwbda.com and enjoy delivery or curbside pick-up!
37. Lacquered Lounge – Shop clean and green beauty items, including nail polishes, lotions, and self-care kits at www.ilovelacquered.com and look out for owner Astoria’s green beauty YouTube videos coming soon!
38. Davidrose – Although the retail store is closed, you can shop online at www.davidrosestudio.com and have your items delivered to you free of charge.
39. Wadson’s Home Farm Market at 10 Luke’s Pond Road, Southampton remains open for business and they have a fresh harvest of vegetables ready to be enjoyed! In an effort to keep shop traffic to a minimum, customers are encouraged to phone in with their order, which they can then collect from the shop’s front window. Call 238-1862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. The Farm is open from Tuesday through Friday, from 10:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
40. Della Valle Sandals is offering 10% gift certificates and free delivery too! Visit www.dvsandals.com for more.
41. City Cafe is currently closed but will assess reopening at a later time.
42. Fiander Foto is now offering mentorships online via FaceTime and Skype! Click here for more information. You can also shop their prints and photo products online. Click here to shop. A portion of the sales from framed fine art prints/products will be donated to Meals on Wheels in Bermuda and Arlington Food Assistance Care in Arlington, VA (Melanie’s hometown). For the time being Fiander Foto is offering 25% off gift certificates, valid for 2 years. Gift certificates are delivered via email. Details in “De Shop”, here: https://www.fianderfoto.com/de-shop
43. Early Bird Charters – Join their Fish WhatsApp Chat and you’ll be the first to know when Captain Jim West hauls in a fresh catch! Click here for access.
44. Dangelini’s Cafe is open from 7:30am to 3:00pm with take-out service, which means you can still enjoy their delicious coffee, sandwiches, wraps, salads and homemade goodies throughout the week! Call 295-5272 to place your order.
45. Audio Visual Electronics Ltd. – Order online at www.electronics.bm or by calling 518-1203 and enjoy free island-wide delivery! Bonus: While you can pay online or over the phone, they also have a portable credit card machine so you can pay once your order is delivered.
46. Carrie Lee Fitness is offering virtual Personal Training sessions to help us all get up and moving while remaining at home. For more information and to schedule your own session, email email@example.com.
47. MilanMilan has just received a new shipment of all-time favorites like their One Pot Meals and new products which are being offered through personal food and wine shopping for their clients. Call 531-6363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order, which can be collected curbside or delivered.
48. De Island Shack is open for business and offering window service and call-in only for all of their menu times. Call 777-7422 to place your order. De Island Shack is open Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 3:00pm, and Saturdays from 7:00am through to 3:00pm.
49. Island Trading is open for curbside collection & van delivery. Their hours for curbside collection are 8:30am – Noon, Monday through Saturday.
How it works:
1. Call 292-0400 or email email@example.com to order your products.
2. Pay for your order over the phone.
3. Collect your order curbside from their Reid Street warehouse while practicing social distancing
They will continue to post images on their social media and via email of all the new items that arrive this week to give you something to look forward to when the store is back open for browsing!
50. Portuguese Bakery & Catering – Although Cafe Acoreano is closed at this time, their sister company Portuguese Bakery & Catering is offering a take-out service. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 296-1222 to place your order.
51. The Island Shop – Shop online at www.theislandshopbermuda.com the helpful staff will delivery your order for free (for purchases over $100).
52. Two & Quarter is offering 20% off all gift certificates, new 2020 bookings and Print Lab orders. Contact them at email@example.com or purchase online at www.twoandquarter.bm/giftcertificates and enjoy free delivery on all gift certificates and Print Lab orders. In addition to that, it’s the perfect time to go through ALL those phone pics and tick “print photos” off your to-do list! Use their easy online uploader to get stuff done while maintaining a social distance: https://twoandquarter.wufoo.com/forms/mrbpqsa1bbwceu/
53. theHUB at 61 Middle Road, Warwick is open for curbside collection of One top ups, Playstation cards, iTunes cards and phone sales. Call 534-2846, 324-2846 or 238-0650 to order. Customers can either make payment by credit card over the phone or pay in cash or card on pick-up. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
54. The Bermuda Bookstore is open and accepting orders over the phone, which is great considering that we’re all in need of new reads. Email them at email@example.com to place your order and collect curbside.
55. A&B Contracting – Looking to update your home office or make some minor repairs to your living space? Contact Bill Tatem of A&B Contracting to schedule your 6-feet apart site visit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-5084.
56. Robertson’s Drug Store in St. George’s is open! And for your convenience, they are offering free prescription delivery. Contact them between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on any of the following: Phone: 297-1828, Email: email@example.com, or Whatsapp: 441-703-1393. Store opening hours are Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Sunday from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Follow along on Facebook to stay informed.
57. Executemps Ltd. is a temporary resource agency which not only rents out temps to companies but also provides general administrative services, work permit processing services, as well as recruitment and work permit advisory consultation services. In addition to this, they provide workshops and create programs around these areas. If you’re interested in getting in touch with Executemps, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 295-8608.
Are you the owner of a local business and would like to be included in this list? Email email@example.com to get in-touch!