Celebrate the summer season with a home-spun Gosling’s garden party! Light up the barbeque, mix a few Gosling’s cocktails and embrace summertime in Bermuda. We’ve put together a collection of our favourite garden party recipes that are sure to make your outdoor soiree a huge success.
Prawns with El Jimador Tequila and Lime Mayonnaise
1kg cooked prawns
1 cup mayonnaise
Freshly grated zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
1 Tbsp El Jimador tequila
1. Thread the prawns onto skewers and arrange on a plate.
2. Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and zest and tequila.
3. Season with black pepper and spoon into a bowl.
4. Lightly grill both sides of prawns. When done, use tequila mayonnaise as dipping sauce for grilled prawns.
Kali Spera Feta Dip
400g feta cheese
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1 large clove of garlic
1. Combine all ingredients and put into a food processor.
2. Blitz for a few seconds.
3. Serve with an extra swirl of olive oil and extra thyme sprinkled on top. Enjoy with raw vegetables or crackers.
Jack Daniel’s BBQ Chicken
Yields 3 cups (enough for 6 people)
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s whiskey
2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1. In a medium saucepan, combine onion, garlic and whiskey. Simmer over heat for about seven minutes or until onion is translucent.
2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for another 20 minutes.
3. Pour over boneless skinless chicken breasts and refrigerate for one day to blend flavours.
4. BBQ each side of each breast until fully cooked.
1 large pineapple
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Cut pineapple into quarters. Cut away skin. Cut each quarter into 4 pieces (2 lengthwise, 2 crosswise)
2. Combine honey, lemon and black pepper. Brush pineapple with mixture so that each piece is completely coated.
3. BBQ each side of each piece of pineapple for 4 minutes, making grill marks on each side.
4. Remove from grill and brush with additional glaze.
Watermelon Feta Salad
1 8lb seedless watermelon, scooped into bite-sized balls
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
200g feta cheese
1 cup chopped mint
1. Combine all ingredients and lightly toss until completely mixed.
Ultimate Gosling’s Rum Cake
For list of ingredients and full directions, click HERE!
1 whole watermelon (seedless)
1. Scoop out the entirety of watermelon, putting insides straight into food processor.
2. Add ice, vodka and lime and whizz until smooth.
3. Add handful of ice to hollow watermelon.
4. Pour entire mixture into melon bowl and serve.
Bombay Sapphire & Veuve Clicquot Sparklers
1 cup Bombay Sapphire
1/2 cup lemon concentrate
2 2/3 cups champagne
1 sprig taragon
1. Combine Bombay Sapphire and lemonade in a pitcher. Chill
2. Add Veuve Clicquot to mixture, stirring gently.
3. Garnish with tarragon and serve.
1 cup Peachtree
2 cups Belevedere vodka
1/3 cup orange juice
1. Add ingredients to ice-filled shaker.
2. Shake and strain into martini glasses.
3. Garnish with peach slice and serve.
Bunting is the perfect decoration for a summertime garden party. Make your own using coloured index cards cut into triangles and taped to a piece of string (see photo above). Hang from the trees or along hedges to add a pop of festivity to any garden or lawn.