Bermuda’s first capital was deserted almost overnight when Hamilton became the hub for government, trade, and mariners in the early 1800s. As a result, much of the Town of St. George is frozen in time and provides an incredible portal into the early days of Bermuda’s history.
1. A Foot Tour of Some of the Most Fascinating Parts of St. George (starts at 1:36)
2. St. George’s from Above: See the tiny town like you’ve never seen her before
3. Hiking St. George: Visit lesser known parts of the town on foot
4. The Dunking of the Wench – a must see!
5. A Look Back at St. George’s in 1983 – with visits to St. George’s Club and Gates Fort