There is nothing sweeter than the taste of pancakes on a slow weekend morning. I made these for my family on Easter Sunday this year, and they were a huge hit. What is great about making pancakes for a large group is that everyone can custom make their own with toppings, kind of like taco night!
Rather than making an odd number of various types of pancakes with different fillings, I put out numerous bowls of fruit, some nut butters, jams, nuts, chocolates and whipped cream on the table. I served up everyone’s pancakes and they were able to decide what goes on top. Follow this perfectly simple almond flour pancake recipe, and then customize your cakes to your liking!
¼ cup milk (of your choice; I used almond)
1 cup almond flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1 scoop protein powder of your choice; I used collagen peptides protein as it is flavourless.
1. Heat a large pan with non-stick cooking spray, butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the eggs and milk.
3. Add the almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract and protein powder.
4. Spoon pancakes in to the pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancakes) and cook for about two minutes on each side.
5. Serve up and enjoy with your toppings of choice!
Follow @cleaneatkates on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration and food pics!