Banana bread has long been one of my favorite treats to enjoy with a cup of tea in the afternoon. However, bread is often looked at as something difficult to bake, even banana bread can get complicated at times! But this recipe is super simple and super delicious! Plus, the two main ingredients are bananas and oats, both of which serve some great health benefits. We all know bananas are high in potassium, which is one of the most important minerals in the body, and oats are one of the most beneficial grains that can aid in lowering cholesterol and reducing risks of heart disease. So, enjoy this easy banana bread guilt-free!
2 cups gluten free oats
1 tsp baking soda
3 extra ripe bananas
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts, for topping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a bread pan with coconut oil or parchment paper.
2. In a blender, pulse or blend the oats until fine.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until well mixed.
4. Pour ingredients in to a bread tin and top with any toppings of your choice.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it passes the tooth pick test.
6. Cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Follow @cleaneatkates on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration and food pics!