I don’t do a lot of baking for a couple reasons – first, I’m not that great at it! I like making things up as I go along, like you can do with cooking, but baking not so much. The other reason is that I lack self-control sometimes and will eat all the cookies, the entire loaf or almost all the cupcakes not very long after they’ve come out of the oven. Recently, though, I found the urge to bake so I decided to make these peanut butter cookies to take to my family dinner on Sunday night, which meant I couldn’t eat them all immediately. I adapted a few recipes that I had seen on Instagram and the final product was a success – and my family agrees!
Ingredients (makes approx. 12 cookies):
3 tbsp. coconut oil
¼ cup nut milk of your choice (I used cashew)
1 cup of nut butter of your choice (I used peanut)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup coconut flour
¾ cup of coconut sugar
1 chocolate bar of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with tinfoil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, nut milk, nut butter and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
3. Add the baking powder, coconut flour and coconut sugar to the wet ingredient mixture and combine well.
4. Once your batter is mixed thoroughly, scoop into 1 tbsp. sized spoonfuls and line the baking sheet, spreading them about an inch apart.
5. Break up your chocolate bar in to small chunks and place on top of each cookie. Put your baking sheet in to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Follow @cleaneatkates on Instagram for more healthy eating inspiration and food pics!