The BermyFresh brand is the brainchild of longtime photographer and t-shirt designer and printer, Scott Tucker who embarked on making his farmer dreams come true five years ago. After hydroponically growing thousands of pounds of shiitake mushrooms, baby greens, herbs, and microgreens, BermyFresh embarked on creating the freshest, tastiest, most favourful home-made hummus ever, and, well, a best-seller was born.
Today BermyFresh creates 16 flavours of hummus and…. drum roll… just in time for the holiday weekend, they have released 3 NEW flavors that we recommend getting your hands on before they sell out. Without further ado, we introduce the most delicious summertime snack…
1. Chile Lime
Made with fresh jalapeño pepper and lime juice, Chile Lime hummus is great on a hearty tortilla chip at cocktail time or in a taco with grilled steak (recipe below).
It wouldn’t be summer without a BBQ and a few brews, right? This year, think about ditching the classic hot dog in favor of Korean BBQ-style hummus, with flavors of pulled pork and cornbread. Smokey and savory, Korean BBQ is great with a vegetable crudité (best enjoyed on beach or boat!) or in a wrap with roasted eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper.
Steak and Chile Lime Hummus Tacos
Half-pound top sirloin steak
Pico de gallo, or salsa of your choice
4 corn tortillas
BermyFresh Chile Lime Hummus
Season steak with salt and pepper and leave for several minutes.
Grill the steak on either a grill or stove-top grill pan. To get the “X” grill marks, sear the steak for 1 minute, then adjust about 90 degrees and grill for another minute. Flip the steak when you’ve achieved desired grill marks and repeat the process on the other side.
Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes once taken off the heat.
Slice the steak thinly, against the grain of the meat.
Prepare the tacos by topping the corn tortillas with a few dollars of hummus, strips of meat, salsa, avocado and fresh cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!
Where to Find BermyFresh’s New Hummus Flavours
- Lindo’s Devonshire: In the organic fruit and vegetable section, adjacent to the pre-packaged lettuces
- Lindo’s Warwick: In the refrigerated section of the fruit and vegetable aisle, on the left-hand side
- The SuperMart: In the refridgerated fruit aisle, adjacent to the pre-packaged lettuces
- Miles Market: Below the strawberries in the refrigerated fruit and vegetable aisle
- Harrington Hundreds: In the pre-packaged fruit and vegetable section, along the lower shelves
- The MarketPlace: Where you’d expect to find all the vegan products… in the meat department.