Frozen waffles aren’t just reserved for busy weekday mornings and lazy weekends, with the right ingredients you can transform this humble freezer staple into a host of indulgent creations. Starting with Julian’s Recipe Waffles as the base, these recipes varying from savoury to sweet are the perfect addition to your next Sunday brunch.
Maple Chicken and Waffles
- 4 Julian’s Recipe Maple Belgian Waffles
- Maple Syrup
- For the Fried Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken cutlets, sliced in half
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with the buttermilk and hot sauce.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Add one cup of vegetable oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the chicken in the pan until golden brown on both sides.
Berry Waffle Parfait
- 4 Julian’s Recipe Sweet Vanilla Belgian Waffle
- 1/2 cup almond butter or creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of granola
- Toasted chopped almonds, optional
- Maple syrup, optional
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Spread each waffle with 2 tablespoons almond butter. Cut waffles into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer half the yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, granola and waffle pieces into 4 parfait glasses. Repeat layers. If desired, top with toasted almonds and maple syrup. Serve immediately.
- Julian’s Original Belgian Protein Waffles
- Tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place wire rack in large shallow baking pan. Place toasted waffles on rack. Spread tomato sauce over waffles; sprinkle evenly with cheese, prosciutto, olives and mozzarella. Top with Italian seasoning.
- Bake 10 minutes or until waffles are crisp and cheese melts.
Cinnamon Waffles with Bermuda Banana and Salted Caramel Sauce
- Julian’s Recipe Cinnamon Waffles
- 2 Bermuda bananas, peeled and cut
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- For the salted caramel:
- 140g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 300ml double cream
- To make the salted caramel sauce, combine the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until everything has melted together. When the mixture starts to bubble, stir in the double cream and cook for 2 mins. Stir in 1/2 tsp salt, then take off the heat and allow to cool slightly in the pan.
- Before serving, heat 2 tbsp of butter in a non-stick frying pan and fry the banana pieces until golden.
- Plate the waffles, top with banana, drizzle with salted caramel and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
Julian’s Recipe products are available in grocery stores island-wide.
For more information regarding each product, visit www.juliansrecipe.com.