Makes about one quart. Use additional coconut milk in place of heavy cream if you are avoiding dairy.
- 2 ripe avocados (about 1 lb)
- 1-14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp rum
- Pinch of salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Halve the avocados and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh and put it in a blender or the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, cream, sugar, rum, salt and lime juice, and puree until completely smooth.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly.
- Once chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve scoops garnished with toasted coconut.
Recipe courtesy of The Garden Club of Bermuda.