Recipe courtesy of Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon
The summer season is a time when all we want to do is get out of the kitchen and escape the heat! Getting away from the oven is key, but we often find ourselves hankering for something more substantial than just an ordinary scoop of ice cream, especially when entertaining guests. This Beat the Heat Frozen Dessert Pizza is the answer to our prayers.
2 Cups rice crisp cereal
2 Tablespoons plus 1.5 teaspoons of brown rice syrup or honey
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil melted
4 Teaspoons of coco powder
Ice cream of your choice, softened.
1/3 Cup dark chocolate chips
2Teaspoons of coconut oil
1 Tablespoon roasted almond butter or peanut butter
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil softened
1 Teaspoon pure maple syrup
4 teaspoons toasted sliced almonds
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1. Line a pizza pan with a circle of parchment paper
2. Make Crust: in a large bowl mix cereal, brown rice syrup, oil, and cocoa powder until all the cereal is coated. Spoon the crust mixture onto the prepared pizza pan and spread it out into a circle. Add a piece of parchment paper and press down to form crust. Freeze until solid (15 mins)
3. Spread ice cream over chilled crust and return to freezer for 15 mins
4. Toppings: melt chips and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil over very low heat. When two thirds of the chips have melted remove pan from the heat and stir until smooth. Stir together peanut butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil and maple syrup. Pipe onto the pizza through plastic baggie.
5. Return to the freezer until solid and serve immediately.