Kale (Or Broccoli), Goat’s Cheese and Walnut Crostini
Kale is all the rage and Bermuda gardens abound with it. A tuscan, curly or red Russial kale would be just fine.
1. Finely chop kale or broccoli and sauté gently with garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Toast sliced baguette spread with melted goat’s cheese and top with garlicy kale (or broccoli)
3. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts.
Strawberry, Goat’s Cheese and Arugula Crostini
Bermuda Strawberries typically kick-in early April when it gets a little warmer and will go until late May. They are very tasty when fresh and provide a contrast in flavours with the goat’s cheese.
1. Brush sliced baguette with olive oil and toast under broiler
2. Spread the goat’s cheese on the bread and top with sliced strawberries.
3. Broil until the cheese softens.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with finely chopped arugula, salt and pepper.