Featuring a refreshing blend of citrus, pear nectar and Bermuda allspice, the Summer Rose is an easy-to-make summer cocktail perfect for the warmest days of the year. This punchy drink is sure to please at any summer soiree, livening up delicate floral and citrus notes with a true Bermudian twist.
6 ounces Tito’s Handmade Vodka
5 ounces fresh lemon juice (3 or 4 lemons)
6 ounces pear nectar
1 green pear
1 cup water
2 ounces rose water
4 ounces agave nectar
6–8 fresh Bermuda allspice leaves
1 or 2 lemons
1. Roll the lemons against your cutting board before slicing to help release the juices. Squeeze the lemons over a citrus juicer and pour the juice into a measuring cup to get the desired amount (5 ounces). Set aside extra if you would like to add more for desired taste.
2. In a large pitcher, mix the vodka, lemon juice, pear nectar and rose water.
3. Using a medium-sized pot, heat one cup water and add the allspice leaves along with the agave nectar. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then take it off the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Cut the lemons into wheels and slice the pear for the pitcher and garnish. Set aside.
5. Take the cooled allspice syrup and add it to the pitcher, mixing thoroughly. If desired, add more agave nectar for a sweeter cocktail.
6. Add the lemon wheels, one or two allspice leaves and ice to your pitcher
7. Serve over ice in a collins glass garnished with fresh lemon and slice of pear, and enjoy!
Tip: This cocktail is perfect with a splash of bubbles for that extra twist!