Even though the temperature is still in the 70s, a rainy autumn day brings with it the excitement of the changing season. Indulge in autumn and whip up this super scrumptious pumpkin spice cake, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a weekend forecast of bad weather.
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups gluten free flour (Cup 4 Cup, $20 from Miles Market)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cloves
3/4 cup sugar
7g pumpkin puree
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter and pumpkin puree.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
5. Turn batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Cool cake for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
7. Mix icing sugar and water to form icing, cover cake with icing and serve.