For an instagram-worthy appetiser that keeps people mingling (and snapping pics of that table scape you spent an hour on), why not try our ultimate Thanksgiving Cheese Board. Roasted veggies upgrade this cheese board into a fully-fledged first course that takes a fraction of the time and can be prepared completely in advance. We have combined savoury and sweet flavours to create a well-rounded spread to kickstart any occasion.
For the Roasted Veggies:
Multicoloured baby potatoes
For the Board:
Two kinds of aged cheddar
Creamy blue i.e. Bleu d’Auvergne or Gorganzola Dolce
Spicy honey or red pepper jelly
Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut your Brussel sprouts into wedges and your baby potatoes in halves. Place on a baking tray and toss generously with olive oil, salt, pepper and full cloves of garlic.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 35 minutes until the sprouts are crispy and the potatoes tender.
- While your vegetables are roasting construct your cheese plate.
- Now time for artistic license! Contrast is key. Try to place dark foods next to light foods to create variety.
- When the vegetables are finished dress the brussels with honey and place on the platter, garnishing with pomegranate seeds.
- Fill the remaining gaps with potatoes and roasted garlic to be squeezed onto crackers and add a gourmet edge to your board.
Cheese Board Top Tips:
- Arrange the large items first to anchor the platter, use small pots for the spicy honey and place the cheeses around the board with space between them.
- Fold the salami into quarters and arrange in a line curving around the cheese.
- Fill the remaining gaps with seeded crackers, cornichons, almonds and garnish with rosemary. Remember to leave space for the veggies.