This is the third recipe of the Golden Series of November – a month dedicated to Golden Paste, anti-inflammatory powerhouse, and all of the culinary possibilities.
This healthful treat is a breakfast bowl, if you will. Pair this with warm tea, coffee or lemon water and oh my gosh – this is morning nirvana. Start with a yogurt base (coconut, organic cow’s, goat’s or soy) and warm up a spoonful of Golden Paste. Pour over the yogurt and give it a swirl. Top with grain free maple cinnamon granola and if desired, some winter fruit such as pomegranate seeds or cubed pear. A pinch of cinnamon and sea salt works well as a topping too.
This granola, although without oats, is not only nutrient dense, but also crunchy and delicious. A small amount goes a long way, but it is addictive, so I warn you now!
Golden Yogurt Bowl
1 serving of yogurt (coconut, goat’s, soy or cow’s)
1 tsp Golden Paste (you can find it at Devils Isle or make your own)
1/4 cup of Grain Free Granola
1/4 cup of pear, sliced or cubed (or pomegranate seeds)
1. Boil a kettle of water and let the jar of Golden Paste sit in the water until the coconut oil has clearly liquefied. Or skip this step for a quicker assembly!
2. To assemble, choose a bowl and layer the yogurt in the bottom.
3. Add a spoonful of the Golden Paste. Swirl it through for a design (optional).
4. Top with granola and winter fruit.
Grain Free Granola – Recipe inspired by Sarah Britton of the My New Roots Blog.
2 cups of coconut flakes, unsweetened
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup of cashews
1 cup of pecans
1 – 2 tbsp. maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, pulse the pumpkin seeds, cashews, pecans and sea salt.
4. Pour onto the parchment paper and toss in the coconut flakes with maple syrup.
5. Bake until toasted – 15 – 20 minutes approx.
6. Store in an airtight container, or in the fridge or freezer (preferred).