Leah serves as Secretary/Legal Counsel, Compliance Officer and MLRO and the Responsible Officer for FATCA for the Harbour Group of Companies. Leah is a fully qualified English trained barrister and attorney. She was called to the Bermuda Bar in 2005 and has over 20 years of general corporate management and trust experience. She currently serves as President of the Bermuda Association of Licensed Trustees (BALT).
Miss Scott is a Member of Parliament and currently serves as the Deputy Leader of the Opposition and Shadow Minister of Toursim, Transport and Regulatory Affairs.
Miss Scott is the proud mother of one son, Tyler, who is 30 years of age, and the proud grandmother of one granddaughter, Yaniah, who is 8 years old. Her interests include reading, rowing, yoga, and cooking.
1. What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Being with my family- dancing in the kitchen with my two sisters and my nieces to the Jackson 5 Christmas album while cooking Christmas dinner to the sound of my mom’s laughter and delight.
2. What is your favourite Christmas dish or indulgence?
My mom’s prime rib with Yorkshire pudding on Christmas Day. And a piece of pie, fried in loads of butter in a black skillet, with chow chow on it any day after Christmas.
3. What is your Christmas wish for Bermuda?
My wish for Bermuda and the world is that which is oft repeated, and one day, I hope we truly achieve it – “Peace on earth…good will towards ALL men.”
4. Do you have a New Year’s Resolution?
I don’t make resolutions.
5. Cassava or farine?
Either. To be honest, I can’t tell the difference between the two! I like my pie without meat in it, though.
6. Christmas lunch or dinner?
No real preference.
7. What is your favourite childhood memory of Christmas?
Me and my sisters sneaking downstairs to look at the gifts hidden in the Christmas closet that my parents didn’t think we knew anything about!
8. What is your favourite holiday event (Santa parade, boat parade, Bermuda National Trust Walkabout, etc.)?
My favorite Christmas event is a Christmas potluck dinner/games night that I have with close friends.
9. What signifies the start of the holiday season for you?
December 8, my son’s birthday. I am reminded of what a wonderful gift he is.
10. What are your Boxing Day traditions?
If in Bermuda, I will have people round to eat, drink and just chill.