Hi! I’m Kristen Carreiro, owner of Modblu Boutique. I love keeping busy, which is easy to do with a business, husband, toddler and two dogs! I am a lover of many things but retail therapy, sharing my love of Bermuda with both locals and tourists, salt water and good food reach high on my list!
1. What is your favourite Bermudian tradition?
That’s so tough. We have so many wonderful traditions, but I take joy in small things like codfish on Sundays or a swim for the first time on May 24.
2. Where is the best place for a fish sandwich?
Tough choice! The key is how you order – “The Bermudian Way!”
3. Where is the best place for sushi?
4. What’s the most Instagram-worthy place in Bermuda?
Literally everywhere! The greenery, the buildings, the beach…
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Keep it simple, stupid! – My Dad!
6. What do you like most about yourself?
My balance of a sweet and spicy personality.
7. What do you like least about yourself?
We’re all a work in progress, but I try to say “nothing!” I love myself.
8. What keeps you up at night?
My kid! Lol!
9. What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve overcome?
Being unemployed and broke with a newborn – it forced me to create my own worth!
10. What’s your favourite thing to do on Sunday?
Go to the beach with my family.
11. How long have you been in Bermuda?
12. What’s your favourite beach?
13. What was your first job ever?
Cleaning pools at Sonesta Beach!
14. Who was your favourite teacher as a child?
15. Do you ever get island fever?
I’m probably one of the few that don’t!
16. What’s your favourite thing in your office?
My daily planner.
17. What’s your favourite thing at home?
18. Loquat or Bermuda banana?
19. St George’s or Somerset?
20. Cricket or football?
I’m not into sports, but I love a game for the socialising!
21. What are you reading right now?
The Green Book