Andrea is the owner of Salt+Cedar an online green beauty and skincare store that’s opening a storefront in the Emporium Building this spring. Andrea, originally from a small town in Nova Scotia has lived in Bermuda for 12 years. She met her husband at Acadia University (decades ago) and they have a 2 year old daughter together. Before launching her own business Andrea was the Buyer for the Calypso Group.
1. What is your favourite Bermudian tradition?
2. Where is the best place for sushi?
3. What’s the most Instagram-worthy place in Bermuda?
There are so many beautiful spots in Bermuda, but I’ll say the new walking bridge portion of the Railway Trail near Shelly Bay.
4. What keeps you up at night?
Thinking about all the things I have to do/want to do to keep my business growing!
5. How long have you been in Bermuda?
It’ll be 13 years this fall!
6. What’s your favourite beach?
Now it’s Horseshoe Bay Baby Beach since I have a toddler.
7. What was your first job ever?
Working for a family run bakery after school – I always smelled like donuts!
8. What’s in your wallet right now?
Lots of receipts from Lindo’s.
9. Do you ever get island fever?
Not anymore, traveling with a toddler isn’t high on my list of favorite things to do!
10. What’s your favourite thing in your office?
11. What’s your favourite thing at home?
My husband and my daughter of course.
12. Loquat or Bermuda banana?
Bermuda banana but I like them both.
13. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Find Your Extraordinary by Jessica Dilullo Herrin the founder of Stella & Dot
14. What podcast are you listening to right now?
Boutique Chat with Emily Benson
15. What is your guilty pleasure?
Hail Merry Chocolate Almond Butter Cups