Stephan Johnstone is a graphic designer and owner and founder of SJD World, a local Graphic Design studio currently located in the Somers Building at 15 Front Street. He is a board member of Bermuda Society of Arts and member of Community of Cultural Affairs’s Emaciation Committee. He was raised in Devils Hole but currently resides in Pembroke with his wife Shalini Johnstone, owner of Dangelinis Cafe.
1. Where is the best place for sushi?
Beluga – 100%
2. What’s the most Instagram-worthy place in Bermuda?
Harris Bay and Devils Hole.
3. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Your thoughts become reality.
4. St George’s or Somerset?
St. George’s forever!
5. What keeps you up at night?
The future & beyond.
6. What’s your favourite thing in your office?
Our Mural by Chatóe.
7. What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve overcome?
Losing my Mom at 15.
8. What’s your favourite thing to do on Sunday?
Take my Granny out on adventures around the island!
9. How long have you been in Bermuda?
Born and raised here but lived in Toronto for 7 Years.
10. What’s your favourite beach?
John Smiths Bay.
11. What is your biggest phobia?
Running out of time…
12. What was your first job ever?
Packing groceries at Lindo’s in Devonshire.
13. Who is the most influential person in your life?
My Father, Eldon Johnstone
14. Who was your favourite teacher as a child?
My Mother, Rhonda Johnstone.
15. What’s in your wallet right now?
Nothing worth stealing!
16. Do you ever get island fever?
Sometimes but I try to always stay on the move.
17. What are you reading right now?
Just finished: Brief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking.
18. Loquat or Bermuda banana?
Banana today but it might be loquat tomorrow.