Flora is a professional triathlete. She is a three time Olympian, Commonwealth games gold medalist and multiple world champion. In 2018, she was awarded an OBE for her services to sport in Bermuda and also launched The Flora Fund. When not in Bermuda, she can be found training in Boulder, CO or Stellenbosch, South Africa.
1.What is your favourite Bermudian tradition?
Flying a kite on Good Friday and eating codfish cakes on a hot cross bun over Easter.
2. Where is the best place for a fish sandwich?
3. What’s the most Instagram-worthy place in Bermuda?
Flatts Bridge / Inlet and anywhere in St. George’s.
4. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Don’t focus on being the best, focus on being the best at getting better.
5. What’s your favourite beach?
6. What’s your favourite thing at home?
There are too many to choose from! At the moment: staying at the Hamilton Princess! It is also a guilty pleasure. I am not at home often so when I am, I love to stay there. It is an escape + mini holiday for my husband and me. Also, eating at Ruby Murry’s, exploring the island with my husband (Dan) in a Twizy, going to the beach, and catching up with friends.
7. Loquat or Bermuda banana?
8. Cricket or football?
Football. Robin Hood Football Club.
9. What is your biggest phobia?
Lizards! Which is kind of crazy being Bermudian and all.