This year, the Agricultural Show celebrates its 80th anniversary! Since 1930, the Ag Show (as known lovingly by locals) has hosted Bermuda’s best poultry, horses and other livestock, as well as locally grown fruits, vegetables and plants. The Ag Show has always been a wonderful platform for talented locals show-off their skills in woodworking, floral arranging, kite-making, baking and model garden crafting. Locals and visitors have always flocked to the annual show to take in the exhibitions and competitions, see which entries came out on top and of course, to taste and sample the delicious foods on offer from local vendors.
This year’s show will take place April 11th, 12th and 13th. Here’s what you need to know before you attend:
1. The 2019 Agricultural Show will take place from April 11 – 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
2. The Ag Show will take place at the Botanical Gardens in Devonshire. Ample parking is available if you enter Botanical Gardens from South Road.
3. Entry is $15 for adults and free for children (under 16 years of age) and seniors. Free admission for children and seniors is thanks to Lead Sponsor AXIS and Major Sponsor HSBC Bermuda.
4. You can purchase tickets to the Ag Show upon entry or you can purchase them in advance by clicking here.
5. Over the course of the three day event, the Ag Show will draw a crowd of up to 25,000 and entries from more than 4,000 exhibitors.
6. This year, there will be a whole host of local entertainment, including performances by local singers, dancers and school choirs. In addition to local talent, The Canine Starts Stunt Dog Show will be arriving to the island to perform during the three day event. This is the first time the Stunt Dog Show will perform in Bermuda and the show will feature dogs catching high-flying frisbees, dancing freestyle, high-jumping and performing agility routines. Most of the dogs featured in the show are rescued or adopted from shelters. For more information about The Canine Stars, click here.
7. The Ag Show draws some of Bermuda’s best food vendors and indulging in snow cones, burgers, and Portuguese doughnuts is par for the course for enjoying the event. Click here for the not-to-miss foods at this year’s Ag Show!
For more on this year’s Ag Show, visit www.bermudaexhibition.com.
Read more from our Ag Show series, presented by HSBC: