From one end of the island to the other, a guide to the best rentals and charters to get you out on the water
One of the best ways to explore Bermuda is by the water. If you don’t have a vessel yourself, there are a variety of rentals available across the island. Steer your summer into paradise with this comprehensive guide to the best boat rentals and charters.
- Native Spirit Charters
- The most authentic way to explore Bermuda’s crystal-clear blue waters is in the same fashion as our founding settlers, with the wind in our sails. Native Spirit is a gorgeous 41’ monohull sailboat that exudes classic charm, fit for any intimate occasion on the water. Owned and operated by Captain Jono and first mate Chiara, you can expect a first-class experience when you book a charter with them and additional options to embellish your time out on the water such as catering from Huckleberry. Their vessel also boasts environmentally conscious fittings such as a solar shower and you can make use of their comfy beanbags, paddle board, snorkel gear and an above-ocean hammock.
- Hobie Wave Catamaran, H20 Watersports
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you can rent a hobie cat from H20 Watersports and set sail for a day of exploration. These high-performance sailboats are perfect for two people, and you don’t have to be an experienced sailor to rent one! The staff at H20 are extremely knowledgeable and will guide you through a detailed orientation if you’re a novice to the sport, before recommending the best routes to take. Operating out of Mangrove Bay, you are in a prime position to meander through Teddy Tucker’s islands, beaching on shore for a picnic before heading around the peninsula towards the iconic Vixen shipwreck.
- East End Rental: Bermuda Electric Boat Company
- Experience Bermuda’s waters in style with these Insta-worthy electric boats. Their adorable fleet features brightly coloured vessels that are synonymous with the islands landscape such as a dreamy pink and turquoise blue. You can rent Longtail out of Rosewood Bermuda to explore the beautiful shorelines of Castle Harbour, stopping to admire prime ocean-front real estate. Or, rent Blue Fin out of Barr’s Bay Park in Hamilton for a serene cruise around the Harbour and into Paradise Lakes to watch the sun go down.
- West End Rental: KS WaterSports
- Chart your own adventure by renting a boat from KS WaterSports. Depending on your party size, choose from a fleet of cozy Boston whalers that fit 3 adults comfortably, standard pontoons and premium pontoons that occupy up to 10 passengers. Operating out of the Royal Naval Dockyard, take advantage of the west end waters and cruise along the coastline, under Watford Bridge and towards Somerset Long Bay for an ideal place to drop anchor and swim amongst the sea turtles. If you’re unfamiliar with navigating the water by boat, don’t fret! Their expert staff will equip you with a detailed map, a safety briefing and a cooler full of ice to keep your Bacardi RTD’s nice and cool.
Kayak and Paddle Board Rental:
- BDA Watersports at Somerset Bridge
- Cruising on the water doesn’t always have to break the bank, at BDA Watersports you can snag motorless vessels such as their crystal kayaks and clear paddleboards. Marvel at the colourful marine life and coral habitats beneath you as you paddle through Ely’s Harbour. If you follow the coastline around Wreck Road, you will be greeted by grassy seabeds and mangrove swamps that are home to an abundance of green sea turtles. All you need is sunblock, snorkel gear, and a few Bacardi RTD cans and you’re set for a day to remember.
- KS Watersports
- For the thrill seekers, KS Watersports offers an exciting way to experience Bermuda’s waters by jet ski. Discover secluded beaches, shipwrecks, historic landmarks and stunning coastlines as you skim across turquoise waters. Their knowledgeable guides are experts at crafting a 75–90-minute jet packed adventure that allows you to take in the vast beauty of our island. Some of the tours they offer include memorable activities alongside throttling up for a jet ski safari such as snorkeling and cliff jumping for the ultimate day of fun. With tours departing out of, Hamilton, Southampton, Dockyard and St. George’s there’s no shortage of jet skis to rent!
- Play Pen
- As the name affirms, this charter boat is essentially a play pen on water boasting a range of fun toys such as an inflatable slide, a netted sea pool and jet skis – which are all available to you when you book a charter with them. Their friendly crew will ensure you have an epic day out on the water, so that you don’t have to do anything besides relax in the sun and enjoy all that the boat has to offer.
- Sail Bermuda
- If you’re looking for a vessel fit for a small, intimate group without compromising on comfort, Sail Bermuda has the perfect fleet to choose from. Their stunning catamarans are equipped with comfortable bean bags, a floating sundeck, paddle boards and snorkel gear – so whether you’re longing for a relaxing day soaking up the sun or a day of outdoor exploration and thrilling adventures, they have got the itinerary for you.
- Rising Son
- For more sociable occasions, Rising Son has the vibes to deliver the ultimate summer party on the water. With a capacity to welcome aboard 60-80 guests, they have the versatility to meet all of your private charter needs. Whether it be a cocktail party, a corporate getaway or a birthday celebration, their friendly crew will ensure all of your needs are met with a vibrant atmosphere like no other.
- True Charters – The True Hospitality Group
- Treat yourself to a day of luxury when you book a charter with True Charters. Their sailing catamaran, Vivre is beautiful vessel captained and crewed by Bermuda’s finest, who will steer you into paradise. Elevate your day out on the water with their highly coveted fine dining package, which welcomes a private chef onboard to take you on a culinary adventure as you take in the breathtaking surroundings of our island.
Whats in the cooler?
For a day exploring Bermuda by water, @TheBacardiGuy recommends stocking your cooler with Bacardi Real Rum Cocktails. The base spirit in these ready-to-drink beverages is Bacardí Superior Rum. Unlike other RTDS, Bacardí Real Rum Cocktails are not malt beverages. They are gluten-free rum cocktails made with real ingredients like cane sugar and natural flavours.
To read more about how to have the best summer ever, click here!
For more information about Bacardi Limited and its full portfolio of brands, click here.