Whether you are heading out for a family boat day, beach day or an afternoon in the park, these quick and easy to assemble sandwiches using Rudi’s freshly baked breads are certain to upgrade any packed lunch. Made in small batches to ensure unrivalled quality, Rudi’s bread is delicious, organic, and made from honest ingredients; a staple in any families pantry!
1. Avocado – Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup & 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium Bermuda onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- Romaine lettuce
- 6 Rudi’s gluten-free plain tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and drizzle with lime juice. Sprinkle with garlic salt and 1/3 cup cilantro; top with onion. Bake, covered 25-30 minutes. Rest aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, cheese and remaining cilantro. Chop the chicken and add to bowl. Drizzle with ranch dressing; toss to coat.
- Spoon chicken mixture down centre of each tortilla over a bed of chopped romaine lettuce. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. If desired, secure with toothpicks.
2. Caprese Sandwich
- Rudi’s seeded multigrain bread
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze
- Spread pesto on both slices of bread.
- Top one slice of bread with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella, fresh basil, and arugula. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Place second slice of bread on top.
3. Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels
- 4 Rudi’s 7 grains with flax wraps
- 2/3 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Spread the hummus evenly over the 4 tortillas.
- Leaving a 1 inch border on all sides, lay out 2 tablespoons of each vegetable in rows across the tortillas.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly. Cut crosswise into 1-in slices and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Sandwich Skewers
- 1 slice Rudi’s organic country white bread, toasted or plain
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 slice deli cooked ham
- 3 bamboo skewers or picks
- 1 small slice tomato
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; cut each half into 3 even squares. Cut slices of cheese, ham into similar-size squares.
- Onto each bamboo skewer, thread bread square, cheese, turkey, piece of lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese and second bread square.
5. Elevated BLT
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices of Rudi’s 100% whole wheat bread, toasted or plain
- 1-1/2 cups fresh romaine lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- Mash avocado; stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Gently stir in cheese.
- Spread over bread. Top off the slices with lettuce, tomato, and bacon.
Rudi’s products are available in grocery stores island-wide.
For more information regarding Rudi’s Bakery, click here.